Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Always Clean Up After Yourself....


So the networking side of the application is just about finished. I can now cycle through all of the multiple choice questions and display the question contents on the device. I can also view a list of random solutions. The past couple days I have been becoming very familiar with the profiling and analyzing tools offered in XCode. I have been using these tools to find and fix leaks and allocation problems. I have just about everything cleaned up except for one last allocation problem. Somewhere I am not releasing some of the data that I pull off of the server, so as more and more requests are sent to the server I have a slow increase in memory usage. After approximately 75-100 requests this problem becomes very relevant. So I after I find this bug I will have a pretty stable foundation to build the rest of the UI on.

This is about the half way point in the quarter, and I think I am right on schedule. Getting the networking code finished is a pretty big milestone, and with it complete I can focus more on the UI design. I am hoping to have a "testable" user interfacer created in the next two weeks. I can then take my iPad to a coffee shop and ask people to give me feedback on the design.

Here is a screen shot of what I have been working with recently:

No comments:

Post a Comment