Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 1 Updates

This past week I continued the process of learning Objective-C and experimenting with iOS development. Specifically, I looked into network solutions that would enable me to easily set up code to communicate with the Visipedia server, and I looked into implementing different kinds of view controllers. I found ASIHTTPRequest, found here, to be super useful for the networking problem. After playing around with the code for a bit I was able to post requests to the server. My "QueryServer" button is the culmination of this effort:


I also dived into the Apple documentation regarding UITableView and UIPopoverController. The UITableView will enable me to present the user with a scrollable list of images that they can swipe through. These images could be answers to questions posed to the user, or they could be the images of the most probable solution to the recognition question. The UIPopoverController is a useful tool that will enable me to provide the user with more information regarding the image that they tapped on in the list of images. The image below displays an example of these uses:
During the next week I will focus mainly on server side code development. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to post user images and question responses to the server and retrieve questions, images, and updated probability solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment