Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Visipedia App, Take 2

So over the past couple weeks I have learned quite a bit about programming for iOS devices. I have learned enough in fact to realize that my first crack at the Visipedia app will not suffice. So, starting last week, I scraped everything and restarted with a clean slate.
The biggest changes on this second go around have been the way that I utilize the profiling tools during development. In order to prevent a massive buildup of allocation and memory issues (most of them subtle issues), I profile often and repeatedly. Redesigning the app from the ground up has also let me re-tweak some design choices, especially on the networking side, that have really paid off. I have also been able to employ some better design patterns now that I have a better idea of what requirements I have to meet. Basically, Visipedia App 2.0 is much better than Visipedia App 1.0.

Images of the updated interface:


No comments:

Post a Comment